Monday, December 2, 2013

Pasts and Regrets.

With my pasts, I've never regretted them.
The slow dances with those strong hands that worked so hard to not let go of my small fumbling fingers.
The never ending conversations that flew deep into the night.
The way he never tried to touch me. The respect he had for me. For himself.
But this past. I regret. If I could go back in time and tell myself to listen to the loving voices around me, I would. Even if it would erase the orange chicken and guitar solos.
If I could go back to how it was before I would. Maybe I can. But this bitterness, will never go away.
The feeling of never being enough. The feeling of helplessness.
The wasted gas money.
The blame.
The excuses.
The poetry that disappointed me.
I regret it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment