Tuesday, December 17, 2013

My Noah

With every step I take, I hear that crunch that satisfies. 
Singing in harmony with those aching bruises. 
Until one step I don't hear the crunch. 
I look down and pick up half of a heart and  with curious lips I kiss the pain away. 
No more crunching. At least to today, darling. 
But I deserve more than this. And you deserve more than me.
But some things were meant to be. 
So would you please just take my hand and take my whole life too.
Cause with one glance at those blue jewels and one stroke of those scars, I'm dust again.
Because you are the shooting star I've been waiting for. 
Except you've been here all along but how come I've missed you terribly?
You are my Noah. 
So sing my song into our white house with blue shutters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment