Sunday, December 22, 2013

From Allie

And there I am. Falling to my broken knees. Again. Buried in the mess I made.
With him to my left and him to my right. And there they are. Standing on the sidelines ready to call
to me with encouragement. More words that I stupidly throw away.
And there you are. Rising from under times that I shoved you into. Screw those messy times.
I love that. I love that you rise. I love that you sing my song. I love that you play with my hair when I fall asleep on your lap.
Do you hear them? The paintings I make in my head? With you? And me? FOREVER. 
Do you taste that? The aching need I feel for you every time you kiss me? 
And do you feel that? The sense of home that comes to my heart everytime you touch my face? 
Your finger tips across my skin? Your lips that explore the surfaces of my neck?
I love it. I love the way you make me feel. I love that your eyes are the last image that flushes through  my mind before I fall into those dreams I dream with your hands. 
Do you notice my shoulders? Because I notice yours. 
I notice how when you wrestle me you never hurt me even though you could snap me in half.
Because you, my Noah, are my bliss. And without you, I feel small again.
And you settle down with me. And you hold me in your arms. 
And you feel like falling in love. And you're my safety. 
And you kiss me. Like you want to be loved. BY ME.
And I'm a stupid woman. Because you were always my guitar solos. ALWAYS. 
The one thing that satisfied my thirst. The only arms that were strong enough to hold me.
I love you Noah. 
Always and forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment