Saturday, December 7, 2013

I've Given Up On Him.

He said nothing.
I would've given him everything but now I feel so small.
I was over my head and I knew nothing.
I would've followed him anywhere.
And I realize how naive to danger I was.
I just couldn't get to him. And now I'm going to swallow my pride.
Because I know you love me. I know you do. I see it in those eyes in those short 6 seconds. 
And I look at those lips knowing I can't have them.
Even though you're willing to catch me and never let me feel this pathetic again.
So why can't I just give everything to you? Because you, darling, and worth the wait.
So why can't I let myself fall in love with you all over again?
Because I can't take my eyes off you. But I can't have you. Because you deserve someone better.
And I can't give my small hands up to your willing strong hands until I am that better person. 
I love you.
And can we pretend that's enough for one night? 
Because I'm needing your arms around me right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment