Friday, November 22, 2013

That's a Lot of Pills

You really are sick aren't you? You're turning your blood into alcohol. And your heart into stone. 
And you're not ready to start healing.
And because I'm not ready to start breaking. So grant me the parting glass. 
Maybe I should let you go. 
I know where your corner is. 
Should you summon me into it with you, you'll see me start to break down into dust. Little by little I will fly away from you. 
Because your real poetry disappoints me. 
You know what I meant when I said your time to be happy was coming. But it's my time to be happy too.
And you watched me watching the ceiling. I told you you to let me in. 
But it's time you let yourself out. 
Remember lagoon? Remember Lilo and stitch? Remember when you wished it was you?
Now it is. Now what? Because I've seen storms. And I've laid there as the hail pounded me to the ground. And left scars. 
I see yours. And I see you. And I accept you. Wanting to love you. But how can I if all it does is leave me feeling more worthless than I did before I walked down in your basement?
 I mean a lot to you. Just not enough. And those pills won't work until you let them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment