Monday, November 4, 2013

A Day To Forget

So why can't I forget it? The air was cool, egging on the water to start falling from the sky. The windows were fogged up from the constant exhaling of our breath. I saw the regret in his eyes. And thought nothing of it. First mistake. Felt his firm hands grip mine in assurance that he was mine. His long drawing sleeping breaths as he rested his chin on my head. Watching my hand go up and down along with his rising chest. Feel the drop of my stomach when he surprisingly threw me over his broad shoulder running into the restaurant. Thinking to myself, "Wow. I'm In love with this guy." Opening my insecurities and inner phantom to him. Second mistake. Reading his cheesy rhyming poem with the smile I thought would never leave my face while I was with him. The confusion that flickered my eyes when he picked me up off of his lap at the movies. Believing him when he said "Nothing. My stomach just hurts." Third and fatal mistake.The unbelief when he left me. The bottomless pit my broken heart never stopped falling into. The ice so cold that the burning felt so good. The wanting to starve just to feel the hunger. The way I welcomed the slicing sound of his voice. Because the sting I would feel just by the sound of his name was better than nothing. From bliss to blackout. 
Maybe now that I have this out I can start forgetting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment