Saturday, November 2, 2013

Don't Let That Broken Heart Haunt You.

Wanna try? 
Nice smile, but broken. My aching heart when you're looking at me not satisfied; wanting to be holding someone else. If you had the option of her, would you pick me? 
Not a chance.
But I knew that. I knew that it would never be me. I knew it after you told me about your weekend in Thailand. And I still decided to take this leap into your arms with the hope that your words were sincere and that you would never let me hit that rock bottom that you hit. Because she threw you down there. You would never let me hit it right?
You want it to be me though don't you? You want it to be me as much as I do. I want you to take your sights off of her and see me. I want you to see me as he saw me. As everything he ever wanted. I want you to hold my hand like you never want to let go. I want you to feel the way I feel when I have to leave. 
What am I supposed to do? Stand in front of you and block your vision of the better view? I don't want that. I want to be that better view. I want you to love me the way he did; with all he has. I want you to love me like you love her; with no hold.
Wanna try?
Beautifully endless eyes; with pain behind them. But faking it, is what I want you not to do. Because if you can't give me the love that I'm trying to give you then you're hurting me. You're giving me all this hope just to blind me of your true desires. Then your hurting me for no reason. Someone will love me the way I love them. And I want that to be you. I want to take your hand and walk through this mangled and thorned ground. I want to be that light that you not only need but want. 
Now my dear, you see this potential bliss ahead? Don't let that broken heart haunt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment