Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Loving Him Was Red

Memorizing him was easy as singing along to that cheesy Taylor Swift song in 8th grade.
The way he moved was a full on rain storm.
He was the kind of safety that drew me in.
Close enough to touch.
Close enough to feel your breath on the top of my head.
Close enough to never let you go.
My heart would always remember to remind me that you were a good idea.
My guard was non-existent
You come back in flash backs. From the sparks to the sorrows.
Reminding me that I was worth everything to you. Worth enough to steal your moms phone at night and talk till 6am.
So please remember. Remember me. Remember us.
Remember the night with the chocolate on your shirt.
Remember the night that you said you would never let me go.
So never let me go.
Meet me in the pouring rain and remind me how it felt to be loved.
Kiss me on the sidewalk and take away the pain.
Loving you was red.
Burning red.
But losing you was black. Cold. Hopeless. Alone.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment