Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Stop. Or I'll call you names.

Have this. Have that. Be here. Be there.
Mom and dad. Brothers and friends. Coaches and teachers. Bosses and teamates. Co-workers and classmates.
I think of them. I think about them, being a long list of things expected.
Catch better. Have perfect grades. Go to BYU. Be to work on time. Leave everything out on the field. Be a lady. Walk your dog. Lose weight. Get faster. Remember how to count down.
 I think about them and I think how can I do this while trying to make sure everyone else around me is not disappointed in me. I try to think about having difference expectations for myself and doing what I want. But how can I do that if I don't even know what I want! I want what everyone else wants of me because I don't think about the future because that is too scary.
I can't do this. I can't follow everyone else because that is the norm. I need to find out for myself.
Stop calling me names. I'm earning nicknames on my own thank you. Stop the expectations. Or I'll crack. Stop laughing at my mom or I'll laugh at yours.
Stop or I'll call you names.

No comments:

Post a Comment