Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Some Beautiful Rebellion

The one thing I know that's true,
It's not what you say, it's what you do.
And you, my dear, must be doing something right.
                     Because love use to be kind. And make life bright.
                     But then all it did was make me blind and shaken.
                     Quiver in the darkness and curse beneath the lovers eyes.
But you blew into my life, startling me and my touch.
Whispering soft poetry into my ear at night.
Turning intensity into something to be yearned.
And gazing into sweet nothingness everyday at noon.
                     I wanted to feel nothing and leave this broken heart to die.
                     Was it too much to ask that I just sing along to some                                                                               other melody? And shoot for some other kind of stars?      Because these stars were not my friends.
I didn't even know that stars had enemies.
But you must be one of them if you went against
they're judgment and came for me.
A whole new harmony that was incredible to the touch.
And when you'd touch my skin, I know you are risking it all.
You are shouting to the sunset that you don't care.
Please, my dear. Keep this beautiful rebellion alive.
And join this mess of gorgeous chaos that I call my home.
                                                                             

3 comments: