Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Life is a Funny and Cruel Thing

Funny. Growing into a person that I thought I could only be with you.
Funny. Trying to inhale the last bits of this scent while I'm walking away from that field of daffodils. 
Funny how the absence of the smell aches me deep in my bones all while my fingers dig into my scalp wondering what it is about you that keeps me up rolling around swimming through my constant thoughts. 
Cruel. Stabbing my hands with your words. Binding me to the present. Sucking any breaths of the future. Staining my heart with wonders and curiosity.
The kind that while leaving a print, sinks it deeper. And the only way to rise it back up is to remove those beautifully dark promises. The kind that so gently yet so painfully and slowly break the promises. 
Cruel. 
Cruel thing when life offers me the cup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment