Sunday, March 8, 2015

My Hero

Oh what a lovely night it is to be awaken with thoughts of you all decorated with kisses and the scent of lavender.
My dear, I'm not sure you've come to realize what exactly you have accomplished. To completely obliterate Noah from my very colorful imagination.
My lovely, how gorgeous it is to lay here and never wish for more than you laying here next to me.
I was holding out for a hero. Collapsed in that corner of that bathroom, dripping from the steam of a recent bath, crying. Holding out for my hero. He had to be strong. He had to be sure. And he had to be larger than life. He had to be to rescue me.
I was weary, you see. Of you and your intimidating words. Of your intimidating past.
But when you trusted me enough to share with me that scary side of you, all I saw were those eyes and I couldn't help but feel like those eyes were enough. 
"Your personality is more than I ever could have imagined."
And your words flew through me.
And you were strong.  You were sure. You were larger than life.
You sang les miserables at the top of your lungs and I laughed as I simultaneously fell in love with you.
You, my love, make my weaknesses strong.
You solidify my faith when it has been shaken.
You change my fear into bravery.
You bring me into what I've always needed to be.
A beautiful little fool

No comments:

Post a Comment