Tuesday, January 13, 2015

I Never Knew You Could Become Homesick For People Too

Half dollar bill- I miss the way we would jam to Ellie Goulding remixes. Thank you for showing me innocence.
My Person- I miss the way we would pretend to have dancing battles. I miss my Bachelor partner. Thank you for all of those back scratches. Thank you for being my person.
Best Friend's Man- I miss you starting a wiping fight with me, then crying when I won. Thank you for making my person so happy.
Cap'- I miss your stupid lectures about every single marvel movie made. Thank you for never taking advantage of me when you had several opportunities.

I have become homesick for so many faces. Because I remember that no one would ever take advantage of me like he did.
I open my eyes to more horror remembering that it was real and I squint my eyes hoping to shove the image out.
I hold my chest as if my heart is about to collapse from the inside out.
I wish it wasn't real.
I wish it didn't happen.
I am so sick.
Hearing his words: "Then I guess I'll have to make you love me."
minute after wretched minute.
I am so homesick for these faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment