Monday, September 23, 2013

Next Moment Broken.

Yesterday was right. Yesterday the blocks that he scattered were finally coming together. Yesterday the new passion I came to know saved my life.
Yesterday, he was looking at me with those piercing chocolate eyes. And yesterday, they warmed me up.
Yesterday I would swim in that sweet smile. And yesterday it would set me soaring.
Yesterday I knew I loved him. Because he would hold me and temporarily fill those holes in my heart.
Yesterday, Yesterday, Yesterday....
But today. Today is a whole new story buddy. Better hold on for the ride.
Today I felt him drifting. Today me drifting. I felt that awkward moment when there is nothing else to say.
Today he was quiet. Today he was sad. Today, he accepted that I am only a temporary love.
And what we have will end.
Oh also, something else happened today also.
A new wind came into my life; stunning me with surprise.
With those words of wonder. And that, "I'm trying so hard to be happy," laugh.
With those blue eyes. And that connection I know he feels too.
Yesterday was sure stone. Happiness.
Today is confusion and impossible yearning.
One moment perfect.
Next, Broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment